Sunday, January 16, 2022

Over 3,000 evacuated in Selangor as floods rise

In Klang along, 20 relief centres have been opened to accommodate more than 2,600 flood victims.

Other News

Some 3,086 victims have been evacuated so far to 30 relief centres (PPS) due to floods in the Klang, Kuala Langat and Sepang districts following continuous heavy rain in Selangor since yesterday.

State fire and rescue department director Norazam Khamis said 20 PPS have been opened in Klang to accommodate 2,604 of the victims.

He said most of the victims were evacuated to the PPS at SK Telok Gong and SK Johan Setia, totalling 681 and 793 people respectively.

The remaining PPS are in Sepang and Kuala Langat, involving 482 victims.

Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari said in a Twitter post that volunteers from Team Selangor and Selangor Volunteer have been mobilised to assist the flood victims.

The meteorological department meanwhile has issued yellow rainstorm warnings for parts of Kedah, Penang, Perak, Pahang, and Selangor.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles