Friday, December 3, 2021

Police reports lodged over supporters at nomination centres

One report was made on the centre in Tanjung Bidara and the other on the centre in Telok Mas.

Other News

Melaka police have received two reports on candidates bringing supporters to two nomination centres today.

Melaka deputy police chief Razali Abu Samah said the reports involved Dewan Kompleks at the State Legislative Assembly Development and Coordination Committee (Japerun) in Tanjung Bidara and Kompleks Komuniti Desa (KKD) Telok Mas in Melaka Tengah.

“There were 20 to 25 supporters gathering about 100m from the nomination centres but they were told to disperse by the policemen on duty.

“A coordination of duty order has been issued that police reports should be made on any parties bringing supporters to the nomination centre,” he told reporters while inspecting the nomination of candidates at Dewan Kompleks Japerun in Tanjong Bidara.

Dewan Kompleks Japerun in Tanjung Bidara is the nomination location of candidates Ab Rauf Yusoh of Barisan Nasional (BN), Mas Ermieyati Samsudin of Perikatan Nasional (PN) and Zainal Hassan of Pakatan Harapan (PH).

In Kompleks Komuniti Desa Telok Mas in Melaka Tengah, the nomination of candidates for the seat of Telok Mas involved Mohd Rafiq Naizamohideen of PN, Muhammad Ariff Adly Mohammad (independent), Ashraf Mukhlis Minghat (PH) and Abdul Razak Abdul Rahman (BN).

The Election Commission set today as nomination day while polling day for the Melaka election is on Nov 20 and early voting on Nov 16.

This follows the dissolution of the state assembly on Oct 4 after four assemblymen withdrew their support for the chief minister.

Melaka has 28 state constituencies and 495,196 registered voters with 240,530 or 48.57% of the voters men and the remaining 254,666 voters or 51.43% women.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles