Monday, October 25, 2021

Organisers of RTM buka puasa event deny breaching SOPs

They say the staff involved had worn face masks and used hand sanitiser, and deny that other workers were brought in from Johor to help.

Other News

The organisers of a buka puasa event for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM) have denied breaching Covid-19 SOPs after pictures of workers failing to observe physical distancing and not wearing face masks while preparing for the function were circulated on social media.

Md Shahri Saripan, deputy director of RTM’s Berita TV, also denied that they had brought in RTM staff from Johor to help prepare for the programme held at Angkasapuri in Kuala Lumpur today.

“We wore face masks and frequently sanitised our hands,” he told MalaysiaNow.

“We cooked only for our own staff, to prepare for the breaking of fast for those who work here.”

MalaysiaNow’s efforts to reach broadcasting director-general Ruzain Idris for comment have so far been unsuccessful.

Yesterday, a Facebook user had said in a post that RTM staff in Johor were brought to Kuala Lumpur to help with the programme today.

The post was accompanied by a picture of RTM staff gathering closer than the recommended distance of one metre and not wearing their face masks correctly.

Shahri said the programme involved fewer than 40 staff and was held to distribute bubur lambuk to those working until the time to break fast.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles