Employees in the public and private sectors at the management and supervisory levels in areas under conditional movement control order (CMCO) in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Selangor, Sabah and Labuan have been directed to work from home effective Oct 22.
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the decision was made at a special meeting of the National Security Council on the advice of the health ministry to restrict the movement of employees in a bid to contain the spread of Covid-19.
“The international trade and industry ministry has also informed that this directive will include almost 800,000 industrial sector workers from Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan, Selangor and Sabah.
“The same will apply to nearly 200,000 civil servants in those states and territories,” he said in a press conference today.
Adding that this was now a directive and no longer a request, he said employers had been told to issue letters for their employees to work from home.
He said the ministry would issue a statement on the directive soon.