Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Foreign spouses, children of Malaysians can apply to enter country

However, this only applies to those from countries which are not subject to entry restrictions.

Other News

Foreign spouses and the children of citizens who do not have a long-term visit pass can apply for permission to enter the country, immigration director-general Khairul Dzaimee Daud said yesterday.

However, he said in a statement that only applicants from countries allowed to enter Malaysia would be considered.

“For countries that are subject to entry restrictions, applications will not be considered until there is a decision to lift the entry restrictions for these countries,” he said.

Spouses seeking to enter the country must be legally married with their marriages registered with the National Registration Department or state Islamic religious department, or the Malaysian embassy or Malaysian high commission abroad.

Applications can be sent through email to [email protected] for evaluation.

Guidelines on the necessary procedures can be found at www.imi.gov.my.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles