The number of flood evacuees in Perak and Selangor has increased, while the number of people affected by floods in Johor and Kelantan remained unchanged this morning.
In Perak, a total of 524 people from 153 families were still housed at eight temporary evacuation centres (PPS) in five districts as of 8am.
The state disaster management committee secretariat said this was an increase from the 447 people reported at 8pm last night.
In Manjung district, the SMK Layang-Layang Kiri PPS recorded an increase in the number of evacuees from 85 to 107 people, followed by the Shahriman Beruas PPS with 91 people and SMK Padang Serai housing 69.
"The Manjung and Perak Tengah districts recorded an increase in the number of evacuees, while Larut Matang and Selama showed a drop with the closure of two PPS at the Kampung Jelapang and Kampung Halt community hall yesterday," it said.
In Selangor, the InfoBencana website of the Social Welfare Department showed that the number of evacuees had increased this morning to 196 people from 55 families, compared to 184 victims from 51 families reported yesterday.
A total of five PPS are currently open: SK Sungai Sireh in Tanjung Karang, SMK Jeram and SJKC Yuk Chih Batang Berjuntai in Kuala Selangor, and two newly opened PPS at Dewan Sri Nakhoda and Dewan Simpang 5 in Sabak Bernam.
In Johor, the number of evacuees in four districts – Kluang, Segamat, Pontian and Tangkak – remained unchanged at 345 people from 85 families as of 8am.
The district disaster management committee said in a statement that in Segamat, 39 people were being housed at the Kampung Batu Badak hall and 14 people at the Tasek community hall.
Meanwhile, 32 people are at the Kampung Ithnin Maarof hall in Kluang and 15 at SK Melayu Raya, Pontian.
Meanwhile, two PPS in Tangkak, namely SK Simpang 5 Darat and Sekolah Agama Simpang 5 Darat, are accommodating 137 and 108 people respectively, it said.
In Kelantan, the number of flood victims remained unchanged, at 2,036 people from 686 families as of 9am this morning. They are being housed at eight PPS in the Pasir Mas district.
Meanwhile, in Melaka, the number of evacuees dropped to 53 people from 15 families as of 8am, compared to 59 people from 16 families last night.
The Melaka disaster management committee secretariat, in a statement, said that the evacuees were from Kampung Bukit Tambun, Kampung Bukit Balai, Kampung Pulau, Kampung Belimbing, Pengkalan, Kampung Panchor and Taman Tamby Chik Karim.
In Penang, another PPS was opened at 4pm yesterday, at the Desa Puri hall, to house 42 people after the area was once again flooded due to heavy rain in the afternoon.
State environment and welfare committee chairman Phee Boon Poh said that most of the displaced residents were placed at the PPS on Saturday and Sunday, following the heavy rain and floods that hit the area on Friday evening.
Four PPS were previously opened in Penang to accommodate more than 300 flood victims, after flooding due to heavy rain on Friday evening.