The movement control order (MCO) imposed to curb the spread of Covid-19 will end as scheduled on March 4 in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang.
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said these states will then come under conditional MCO until March 18.
Kedah, Kelantan, Negeri Sembilan, Sarawak and Perak will remain under CMCO as well.
Melaka, Pahang, Terengganu, Sabah, Putrajaya and Labuan meanwhile will join Perlis under recovery MCO.
In an update on the MCO situation, Ismail said inter-district travel will also be allowed in all states except for Sabah. However, the ban on interstate travel remains in place.
The tourism sector will be allowed to operate at 50% capacity. Likewise, other sectors which were previously barred from operating will be allowed to reopen subject to conditions to be set by the local authorities.
“But operating hours will still end at midnight,” Ismail said, adding that other SOPs set by the National Security Council remain in force as well.
Social gatherings including wedding ceremonies will also be allowed for all communities, with attendance capped at 50% of venue capacity.