Another 3,545 Covid-19 cases were recorded today, taking total confirmed infections in the country to 291,774.
Negeri Sembilan recorded 1,392 cases, partly due to infections at the Sungai Gadut workplace cluster in Seremban, detected on Feb 22. A total of 1,338 cases came from this cluster, which is centred on a wood factory in the Sungai Gadut industrial area. Total positive cases from this cluster so far stand at 1,432, of which 318 are citizens and the rest foreigners.
This was followed by Selangor (581), Kuala Lumpur (381), Sarawak (353), Johor (318), Perak (188) and Sabah (105).
Penang recorded 95 cases, Kelantan 53, Melaka 26, Terengganu 22, Kedah 17, Pahang eight, Labuan five and Putrajaya one.
Active cases stand at 30,677 with 189 in the ICU and 88 in need of respiratory assistance.
Eight new clusters were detected:
1. Jalan Enam (Petaling in Selangor; 173 screened, 15 positive)
2. Jalan Ulu Choh (Pontian in Johor; 190 screened, 34 positive)
3. Perindustrian Lukut (Kota Tinggi in Johor; 239 screened, 28 positive)
4. Jalan Dato Yunus (Johor Bahru in Johor; 30 screened, eight positive)
5. Sinsingon (Nabawan in Sabah; 106 screened, 18 positive)
6. Pasar Bidor (Batang Padang in Perak; 112 screened, 25 positive)
7. Lorong Bakau (Seberang Perai Selatan in Penang; 297 screened, 50 positive)
8. Vista Hilir (Timur Laut and Barat Daya in Penang; 154 screened, 35 positive)
Eight others ended, leaving 509 active clusters across the country.
Another 3,331 patients were discharged, bringing total recoveries to 260,009.
However, 12 more deaths were reported, pushing the virus toll to 1,088.