Sunday, February 28, 2021

Charlie Hebdo cleaver attacker named and charged

Accomplices in 2015 massacre now on trial in Paris.

Other News

Sabah, Sarawak dapat layanan adil, kata Muhyiddin

Terdapat banyak lagi usaha yang perlu dibuat bagi meletakkan kedua-dua negeri berkenaan agar setara dengan Semenanjung.

I have big support, Muhyiddin says as he marks first year as PM

He maintains that he still possesses majority support, rejecting accusations that the state of emergency was a ploy to remain in power.

Muhyiddin tetap perkukuh hubungan antarabangsa

Pandemik Covid-19 tidak bermakna negara tidak memberi perhatian dalam hubungan antarabangsa.

Darurat Covid-19 diperlukan, kata PM

'Saya pun tak tahu parti mana sekarang yang mempunyai jumlah kerusi yang lebih besar daripada saya', kata Muhyiddin.

2,437 kes positif, jumlah jangkitan Covid-19 kini melebihi 300,000

300,752 jumlah keseluruhan kes positif dilaporkan di Malaysia.

The man who allegedly attacked two people with a meat cleaver in Paris last week has been charged with “attempted murder with relation to a terrorist enterprise”, French anti-terrorist prosecutors told AFP on Tuesday.

The man has now been identified as Pakistani-born Zaheer Hassan Mehmood, 25.

He had lied to investigators about his name and age, but they found a photo of an old identity document on his phone

In a video filmed before the attack, he said he was going to avenge the recent¬† republication of cartoons of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad by the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Their original publication in 2015 prompted avengers to massacre staff in the magazine’s offices.

Charlie Hebdo now operates from a secret location but Mehmood mistakenly believed they were still in their old offices.

The trial of 14 alleged accomplices in that attack is currently underway in Paris.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles

14 rakan subahat serangan Charlie Hebdo dipenjara

Kesemua tertuduh menerima hukuman penjara antara empat tahun hingga seumur hidup.

Key accused jailed 30 years over Charlie Hebdo attacks

This stops short of the life term demanded by the prosecution for Ali Riza Polat, who was convicted of complicity in terror crimes.

Extremism and Islamophobia, two sides of the same coin?

The latest incident in France should serve as a wake-up call to the republic to readjust its vision and ideals to meet the challenges of a globalised and pluralistic society.

Suspect in Paris stabbing ‘a migrant who arrived as an unaccompanied minor’

Seven people have been arrested in connection with the attack which left two people seriously injured.

Pakistan PM condemns Hebdo blasphemy, calls for UN action on Islamophobia

PM also condemns India's Modi for 'state sponsored' Islamophobia.