Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Relief centres opened in Kedah, Negeri Sembilan after flash floods

A total of 138 flood victims from 48 families are seeking shelter following their evacuation.

Other News

Three temporary relief centres (PPS) have been opened in two states to accommodate 138 flood victims from 48 families.

In Kedah, 28 flood evacuees from six families in Baling were taking shelter at SK Tawar as of 9am today.

Baling Civil Defence Force (APM) chief Rasidah Kassim said the evacuees were villagers from Mukim Tawar.

“This morning, the weather is sunny in Baling. The water level has receded and the victims will return to their respective homes,” she said in a statement today.

She added that the Baling APM is always ready and will continue to monitor the situation.

In Negeri Sembilan, according to the latest data on the Social Welfare Department’s (JKM) InfoBencana application, two PPS had been opened at SK Undang Johol and Dewan Desa Dangi, Johol, Kuala Pilah, to house 110 individuals from 42 families as of 8am today.

Negeri Sembilan APM director Mohd Syukri Md Nor meanwhile said that a landslide had occurred at N14 Jalan Inas-Kg Batu due to heavy rain in the hilly area, completely blocking the road.

“Motorists are advised to use alternative roads such as Route FT051 (Jalan Kuala Pilah-Seremban) or Route FT009 (Jalan Kuala Pilah-Tampin),” he added.

In the meantime, he said the Darul Widad centre in Port Dickson was also flooded, but that no evacuations had been made so far.

The continuous heavy rain since noon yesterday triggered flash floods in several locations in three states, namely Kuala Kubu Bharu in Selangor, Nilai and Kuala Pilah in Negeri Sembilan, and Baling in Kedah.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles