Friday, January 21, 2022

Floodwater going down in Taman Sri Muda

This is despite the heavy rain that fell early this morning.

Other News

The process of pumping out the floodwater in Taman Sri Muda, Section 25, is still running smoothly despite the heavy downpour around Shah Alam early this morning.

“The water has receded even though it rained at 4am,” National Disaster Management Agency director-general Aminuddin Hassim told Bernama when contacted today.

The process of pumping out the water in the area began early Tuesday.

Yesterday, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Special Functions) Abd Latiff Ahmad said that over 80% of the floodwater in Taman Sri Muda had been pumped out into Sungai Klang.

“If 80% could be drained out in 17 hours, logically the remaining 20% can be cleared by tomorrow morning if it doesn’t rain,” he said.

Aminuddin said for the time being, eight pumps at two locations in Taman Sri Muda are in full operation while another four water pumps will be activated to expedite the process of water suction in the area.

As an additional effort, he said, the Department of Irrigation and Drainage will be digging drains at several sites to speed up the movement of water to the river.

“Water has already subsided but there is water below 0.3m in some areas except in Taman Damai Section 25 where water is about 0.6 to 1m deep and still not accessible to cars,” he said.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles