Thursday, October 7, 2021

New cases creep past 9,800 as Perlis logs high of 200 infections

Sarawak and Selangor post over 1,400 cases.

Other News

Another 9,890 Covid-19 cases were recorded today, taking total confirmed infections in the country to 2,313,727.

Sarawak recorded 1,413 cases, Selangor 1,402 and Kelantan 1,032.

Johor recorded 993 cases, Sabah 820, Perak 794, Penang 721, Terengganu 699, Pahang 564, Kedah 503, Melaka 260, Kuala Lumpur 250, Perlis 200 and Negeri Sembilan 180.

Putrajaya recorded 59 cases while no new cases were reported in Labuan.

Another 12,884 patients recovered, bringing total recoveries to 2,157,565.

Meanwhile 827 are in the ICU, including 782 confirmed Covid-19 patients.

A total of 445 are in need of respiratory assistance including 336 confirmed Covid-19 cases.

Of the 9,890 cases reported today, 162 (1.6%) are in Category Three and above. The remaining 9,728 (98.4%) are in Category One and Two.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles