Sunday, October 17, 2021

No need for mega PPVs to stay open, says Khairy

He says those that have achieved good coverage will be closed in stages as the majority of people have completed their vaccination.

Other News

There is no need for mega vaccination centres (PPV) to continue operations as the majority of people are now fully vaccinated, says Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin.

He said PPVs that had achieved good vaccination coverage would be wound down and closed in stages.

“As most of the vaccine recipients have received their jabs, we no longer need to have large PPVs operating as this involves costs and so on.

“Tomorrow, I will discuss with the health ministry and the science, technology and innovation ministry about some PPVs which are still open for those who have been left out, as well as foreigners,” he told reporters after observing the final day of PPV operations at the World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur last night.

The WTC PPV was officially closed yesterday after being in operation for 150 days, since May 5.

Khairy said several PPVs remain open for the adolescent vaccination programme, while government and private clinics will be made into PPVs for third doses and booster shots.

On the false alarms over vaccine side effects among teenagers, he said no reports of serious side effects had been received so far.

On Sept 22, Deputy Health Minister Dr Noor Azmi Ghazali said a total of 410,489 teenagers had received a first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, with no reports of serious side effects experienced by those who received the injection.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles