Police say no investigation papers have been opened on healthcare personnel who participated in the Hartal Doktor Kontrak protests at various hospitals in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur on Monday.
Kuala Lumpur police chief Azmi Abu Kassim said no healthcare personnel were under investigation in connection with the protests at several hospitals, including Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
“So far no investigation has been initiated,” he said when contacted today.
Selangor police chief Arjunaidi Mohamed also said no investigation papers had been opened in connection with the gatherings which involved contract doctors.
However, he said the police had taken statements from some healthcare personnel in connection with alleged trespassing by media practitioners at the Integrated Covid-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centre (PKRCB) at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park (MAEPS) Serdang.
Arjunaidi said the police launched the investigation after receiving a report on the alleged issue.
Sepang police district deputy chief Supt Md Noor Aehawan Mohamed said the MAEPS hall had been gazetted as a PKRCB, which is out of bounds for those not authorised to enter the place.
“One of the journalists made a live coverage while inside the hall. So far, the police have recorded statements from 17 healthcare personnel comprising doctors and nurses who were on duty at the time of the incident to help in investigations to confirm the presence of the media practitioner,” he said in a statement.
He said the case was being investigated under Section 448 of the Penal Code for trespassing.
Police are also investigating the case under Regulation 17(1) of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2021 for the violation of SOPs, and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 for making a live recording in a prohibited area and showing patients receiving treatment.
On Monday, police received a report that six media practitioners from various agencies had allegedly trespassed into the MAEPS PKRCB.