Friday, July 16, 2021

Penang to join others in Phase 2

Penang will be allowed to make the transition on July 7.

Other News

Penang will soon become the latest state to move to Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan, joining five others which made the transition today.

Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri said Penang would be allowed to move to the second phase on July 7.

He said the decision was made at the National Security Council meeting today, after taking into consideration the key threshold indicators needed to make the shift.

He said Penang’s average case load per day for seven days had been at 9.5 cases per 100,000 people, below the threshold value of 12.2 cases, while the state’s usage of ICU beds was at a moderate level with an adequate capacity to respond.

In terms of vaccination rate, 10.1% of the adult population has been fully vaccinated.

Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Perak were given the green light to transition today, with Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin saying more states showing good progress in the fight against Covid-19 could make the shift soon as well.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles