Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sarawak to remain under CMCO

The state disaster management committee says the current CMCO will continue until May 17.

Other News

Sarawak today announced that it would remain under conditional movement control order (CMCO) despite the MCO to be enforced across the rest of the country.

The state disaster management committee in its daily statement on the Covid-19 situation said the current CMCO would continue until May 17.

However, it said SOPs would be tightened, for example to prohibit dine-in activities.

SOPs for Hari Raya were announced by the Sarawak Islamic Council, which said celebrations would only be allowed among close family members on the first day.

Sarawak recorded 512 new cases today, half of which were detected in Miri alone. It also recorded two deaths, taking the state’s Covid-19 death toll to 211.

It has logged a total of 36,321 positive cases so far.

Yesterday, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin announced that the MCO, previously implemented in certain areas, would be extended across the entire country until June 7.

He said the government had decided to implement tighter measures in order to curb the virus spread in light of the recent increase in Covid-19 cases.

Malaysia has been experiencing a spike in Covid-19 infections with daily numbers well above the 3,000 level, passing 4,500 on May 8.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles