Another 1,854 Covid-19 cases were recorded today, taking total confirmed infections in the country to 357,607.
Sarawak recorded 555 cases followed by Selangor (403), Penang (176), Kelantan (143), Sabah (139), Kuala Lumpur (135) and Johor (103).
Negeri Sembilan and Kedah recorded 40 cases each, Melaka 34, Perak and Terengganu 29 each, Pahang 19, Putrajaya six and Labuan three.
The increase in cases in Sarawak was due to the addition of community clusters including at long houses. Contributing factors included large events and social activities including funerals, weddings and other celebrations.
Active cases stand at 14,805 with 169 in the ICU and 79 in need of respiratory assistance.
Seven new clusters were detected:
1. Sungai Kluang Satu (Barat Daya, Timur Laut, Seberang Perai Utara, Seberang Perai Tengah and Seberang Perai Selatan in Penang; 1,769 screened, 79 positive)
2. Jalan Ismail Sultan (Johor Bahru in Johor; 138 screened, 36 positive)
3. Batu Lima Jalan Sibuga (Sandakan in Sabah; 144 screened, eight positive)
4. Taman Bukit Pantai (Lembah Pantai in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling in Selangor; 74 screened, 20 positive)
5. Sungai Gemuan (Meradong in Sarawak; 260 screened, 39 positive)
6. Disso (Saratok in Sarawak; 208 screened, 24 positive)
7. Sim-Sim (Sandakan in Sabah; 21 screened, 15 positive)
Thirteen others ended, leaving 342 active clusters across the country.
Another 1,247 patients were discharged, bringing total recoveries to 341,489.
However, five more deaths were reported, pushing the virus toll to 1,313.