Another 1,638 Covid-19 cases were recorded today, taking total confirmed infections in the country to 349,610.
Perak recorded 494 cases followed by Selangor (352) and Sarawak (290).
Penang recorded 92 cases, Johor 83, Sabah 73, Kuala Lumpur 67, Kelantan 64, Pahang 35, Negeri Sembilan 25, Melaka and Kedah 20 each, Labuan 12, Putrajaya seven and Terengganu four.
The spike in Perak was attributed to the Jalan Pelabuhan cluster which was announced on Feb 20. Of the 494 cases reported in the state, 486 or 98.4% were from this cluster.
Active cases stand at 14,432 with 167 in the ICU and 81 in need of respiratory assistance.
Seven new clusters were detected:
1. Kampung Binyu (Kuching, Bintulu, Samarahan and Simunjan in Sarawak; 231 screened, 68 positive)
2. Jalan Merdeka (Johor Bahru in Johor; 112 screened, 29 positive)
3. Simpang Tiga Merotai (Kalabakan and Tawau in Sabah; 36 screened, 10 positive)
4. Jalan Kenanga (Alor Gajah in Melaka; 176 screened, 11 positive)
5. Jalan Bandar Sembilan (Petaling in Selangor; 26 screened, 21 positive)
6. Teknologi Peramu Jaya (Kuantan and Pekan in Pahang; 94 screened, 36 positive)
7. Jalan Kubota Sentral (Tawau in Sabah; 28 screened, nine positive)
Thirteen others ended, leaving 357 active clusters across the country.
Another 1,449 patients were discharged, bringing total recoveries to 333,892.
However, three more deaths were reported, pushing the virus toll to 1,286.