The appointments of those who are not listed under the first phase of the national vaccination programme have been cancelled following complaints by whistleblowers on queue cutting, Khairy Jamaluddin said today.
Khairy, who is in charge of the country’s vaccine procurement, said some 200 complaints have been received on the issue so far.
He said in one complaint dated March 4, it was found that some names on the list were not categorised under the first phase.
“When I checked all the replies provided, some centres had already completed vaccinating frontliners so they added individuals from other agencies not listed under Phase 1.
“Based on the complaints, we have cancelled all appointments of those who are not listed under the first phase,” he said at a joint media conference with Health Minister Dr Adham Baba on the development of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme in Putrajaya today.
Khairy said a briefing would be held for all MPs on the vaccination programme.
“I will coordinate with them on the date and place so that all backbenchers will be briefed. It may be divided into an opposition backbencher session followed by a government backbencher session on the same day,” he said.