The entire state of Kelantan will be placed under movement control order (MCO) from tomorrow until Jan 26, while in Sarawak, the MCO will be implemented in the Sibu, Selangau and Kanowit districts from tomorrow until Jan 29.
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the decision was made on the advice of the health ministry following the increase in Covid-19 cases in Kelantan as well as in the three districts in Sarawak.
“Since Jan 10, the average daily cases in Kelantan have increased from 80 to 100 cases and even active cases have increased dramatically within 14 days.
“Kota Bharu, Bachok, Tumpat, Gua Musang, Machang, Kuala Krai and Tanah Merah districts are now in the red zone, while Pasir Puteh and Pasir Mas are now in the yellow zone and Jeli is in the orange zone,” he said at a press conference on MCO developments today.
He said that all MCO SOPs previously announced will be applicable in Kelantan and the three districts in Sarawak, including the directive that only two individuals from the same household are allowed to go out to buy daily essentials.