Saturday, October 16, 2021

RMCO extended until end-March

The RMCO was previously scheduled to end on Dec 31, 2020.

Other News

The recovery movement control order (RMCO) throughout the country has been extended until March 31, Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced today.

He said the decision was made following a risk assessment conducted by the health ministry, which found there was still a significant rise in Covid-19 cases nationwide, with a high infectivity rate.

“This order has been gazetted in the Federal Government Gazette. The increase in number of cases has been contributed by the implementation of compulsory screening on foreign workers carried out on a large scale, as well as the spread of infection within the community, especially in the Klang Valley and several states,” he said in a statement.

The RMCO was previously scheduled to end on Dec 31, 2020.

Ismail said all SOPs under the RMCO will apply during the period, and will be subject to changes from time to time.

He said activities at pubs and nightclubs except for restaurant businesses at these premises are still prohibited during this period, while activities involving large crowds which make it difficult to implement physical distancing are also not allowed.

“Tourism activities will be based on the previous announcement by the tourism, arts and culture ministry, but they must comply with strict SOPs,” he added.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles