The conditional movement control order (CMCO) for Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Sabah and several localities in other states has been extended another two weeks until Jan 14, 2021, says Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said the government decided on this after taking into consideration the advice and risk assessment of the health ministry based on the trend and increase in positive Covid-19 cases in these areas and the emergence of new clusters in Kuala Lumpur.
The CMCO in these areas had been scheduled to end on Dec 31.
Ismail said for Selangor, the CMCO would cover the whole state including Sabak Bernam, Hulu Selangor and Kuala Selangor, which were previously placed under recovery movement control order (RMCO).
For other states, the CMCO was extended for Southwest Mukim 12 and Northeast Mukim 13 in Penang; Seremban (Negeri Sembilan), and Johor Bahru and Batu Pahat (Johor).