The conditional movement control order (CMCO) in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya has been extended by two weeks to Nov 9.
Implemented to address the spikes in infections in the Klang Valley, it was originally scheduled to end tomorrow.
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the decision was made at today’s meeting of the National Security Council.
“So far, the risk assessment conducted by the health ministry has found that there are still many high-risk locations (in the Klang Valley).
“Taking into account the risk assessment, the CMCO will be extended,” he said in a press conference.