Sunday, April 18, 2021

Conditional MCO in Kedah village from Oct 18 to 31

25 people have tested positive so far while 100 more are awaiting their results.

Other News

A conditional movement control order (CMCO) will be implemented in Kampung Padang Che Mas, Baling, Kedah from Oct 18 to 31, says Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said the decision was made at a special meeting of the National Security Council (NSC) today, after receiving input from the Kedah state NSC on the Covid-19 situation in the village.

“The CMCO involves 1,150 residents and 151 houses in the area,” he said in press conference broadcast on Facebook today.

He said as of Oct 12, 236 individuals in the village had been screened and directed to self-quarantine at home, donning quarantine bracelets.

“Of the total, 25 positive cases were recorded involving five families, and another 100 individuals are still waiting for the results,” he said.

He said all residents would be required to comply with SOPs including the prohibition of movement in and out of the village. Only two people per family will be allowed to go out for food and necessities, while schools and other education institutions will be closed.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles