Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Anwar came empty-handed, says palace

No list to back his claim, Agong tells PKR leader to follow legal process.

Other News

Tunjuk perasaan bantah perintah berkurung di Belanda bertukar jadi ganas

Sekatan pergerakan diperketatkan lagi pada 23 Januari dengan penguatkuasaan perintah berkurung di seluruh negara antara 9 malam dan 4.30 pagi.

How Shanghai saved thousands of Jews from the Holocaust

Six million Jews perished during the worst genocide in human history but some were able to escape Europe for Shanghai because it was one of the very few destinations that did not require an entry visa.

KSN jalani kuarantin kendiri Covid-19

Mohd Zuki Ali menjadi kontak rapat individu yang disahkan positif Covid-19 pada 22 Januari lalu.

Puerto Rico declares emergency over violence against women

Rights groups have drawn attention to the issue in recent years, staging protests and securing key demands, such as the legalisation of abortion in Argentina.

Perbezaan vaksin negara kaya-miskin semakin teruk, kata WHO

Negara-negara kaya mengeluarkan vaksin, manakala negara-negara kurang maju di dunia melihat dan menunggu.

Istana Negara today said PKR leader Anwar Ibrahim did not submit any list of names of MPs to the Agong to back his claim of having the majority support to form the federal government.

The statement from the national palace came moments after Anwar told reporters that he had furnished “authentic documents” to prove that he had a “formidable” majority to topple Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin’s administration.

The palace said Anwar, during his 25-minute audience with Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, had only stated the total number of MPs whose support he claimed to have.

“However, he did not present the list of the MPs to strengthen the claim,” said the statement by Ahmad Fadil Shamsuddin, Comptroller of the Royal Family and Household.

It further said the king had advised Anwar to abide by the legal process in line with the constitution.

On the conditional movement control order in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya which will take effect at midnight, the palace said Sultan Abdullah advised the people to stay calm and comply with the SOPs.

While the latest developments were worrying due to the increase in daily Covid-19 numbers, the king also urged the people to remain united and to fight the spread of the virus for the safety and well-being of the nation.

The statement said Istana Negara had also put in place a semi-lockdown to ensure the safety of palace officers and staff. It said this lockdown would remain in effect until a later date.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles

‘Silent’ Zahid challenged to issue SD to show commitment to ‘no Anwar’ rule

His secret letter to the palace last year still hovers over calls for him to quit as president.

Anwar claims ‘majority MPs’ wrote to palace on emergency, says govt failed to contain pandemic

The PKR leader also appears to back a call by former PM Najib Razak for a full lockdown of the industrial sector.

Shift online brings cash flow problems for small food businesses in Sarawak

Simple things like delivery services can jeopardise their already shrinking revenue.

Covid secrecy worse for business than covering up outbreaks

Concealing Covid cases is not good PR for companies, say experts.

As calls grow against Zahid, focus returns to ‘secret letter’ to Agong

Leaders at divisional levels are questioning the silence of the disciplinary board.