Monday, March 1, 2021

No entry for those from countries with over 150,000 Covid-19 cases

Those who urgently need to enter the country must obtain permission from the immigration department.

Other News

‘Jangan potong barisan’, kata Khairy

Kes potong barisan masih berlaku walaupun tarikh dan masa tertentu sudah ditetapkan kerajaan.

Hala tuju kerajaan jelas untuk pulihkan ekonomi, kata menteri

Ka Siong berkata hala tuju perdana menteri itu perlu dilaksanakan dengan segera.

Get back in line, Khairy warns after cases of politicians cutting vaccine queue

He says his ministry will recommend that the health ministry slap compounds on those who flout the rules.

Pengarah syarikat didakwa songlap RM603,000 wang syarikat

Mahkamah membenarkan tertuduh diikat jamin RM20,000 dengan seorang penjamin.

Terlibat Macau Scam, 31 polis bakal dihukum

Mereka dirujuk ke pihak Suruhanjaya Pasukan Polis (SPP) untuk tindakan seterusnya.

Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob says the government will impose an entry ban beginning Sept 7 on citizens of countries that have recorded more than 150,000 Covid-19 cases.

He said the countries on the list include the US, Brazil, France, the UK, Spain, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Russia and Bangladesh, as well as the three countries previously announced – India, Indonesia and the Philippines.

“We will add more countries deemed high risk which have more than 150,000 positive cases to the list. Their citizens will be barred (from entering Malaysia).

“For emergency cases or those involving bilateral relations, such as if a person needs to come for a meeting between countries, we will allow entry. But this will require permission from the immigration department,” he told reporters after chairing a meeting in Putrajaya today.

He added that the health ministry would announce the details on countries which have recorded more than 150,000 positive cases.

On Tuesday, Ismail announced an entry ban on long-term pass holders from India, Indonesia and the Philippines beginning Sept 7 due to the spike in Covid-19 cases in those countries.

The ban involves six categories of pass holders comprising those with permanent resident status, Malaysia My Second Home Programme participants, expatriates including professional visit pass holders and resident pass holders.

Also barred were spouses of Malaysian citizens and their children as well as students from the three countries who wish to return to Malaysia.

Ismail said the government had no problem allowing Malaysians from high-risk countries to return home but said they would be subject to the 14-day mandatory quarantine.

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/malaysianow

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news and analyses.

Related Articles

‘Jangan potong barisan’, kata Khairy

Kes potong barisan masih berlaku walaupun tarikh dan masa tertentu sudah ditetapkan kerajaan.

Get back in line, Khairy warns after cases of politicians cutting vaccine queue

He says his ministry will recommend that the health ministry slap compounds on those who flout the rules.

‘Light’ after darkness as Philippines Covid-19 vaccinations begin

The rollout started at six Manila hospitals a day after the government, under fire over delays in vaccine procurement, received 600,000 donated doses from Beijing.

PM says it again, polls once virus crisis is over

Muhyiddin Yassin says none of the provisions proclaimed under the emergency so far is aimed at keeping the prime minister in power forever.

US kids could receive vaccine by year-end, says White House pandemic adviser Fauci

Children in high school should be able to get the vaccines 'sometime this fall', although data is still being compiled on their safety and efficacy for younger children who may not receive the jabs until late 2021 or early 2022, he says.